Orange Breakfast Muffins
1 – 6 ounce package of raspberries
1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup plain yogurt
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup walnut oil
2-3 teaspoons grated orange zest (about 1 orange)
¼ cup orange juice
1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a muffin tin with 10 paper liners or coat with cooking spray.
3. Rinse and drain berries. Pat dry with paper towel.
4. Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl.
5. Combine sour cream, brown sugar, oil, zest, juice and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour until partially moistened. Add raspberries and stir in gently until evenly mixed. Do not over-stir.
6. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups, filling each about ¾ full.
7. Bake 20 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Serve warm or remove and place on wire rack to cool completely.
On Sundays, I like to harness my inner hippy, take a few antihistamines, and head off on my bike to Columbia Road Flower Market. It’s packed full of, wait for it… flowers! But these flowers are sold by funny, shouty … Continue reading
The Breakfast Club
Nutrition experts say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day – Obviously, because it’s when I’m most popular… heehee! So your sassy about-the-town orange is here to tell you about the coolest place to have yours with … Continue reading